Bohannon Development Company
San Lorenzo Village Building Demolition
Project Categories: Commercial Tenant Improvements
MAI Construction was retained to demolish two buildings in San Lorenzo Village Plaza (known to locals as “Mervyn’s Plaza”). The two properties, the Paseo Grande and the old Bank Building, were owned by Bohannon Development Company and were built around 1946 in San Lorenzo’s town center. After the Mervyn’s was torn down in 1995, the buildings began to lose business and had subsequently been vacant for many years. The buildings were both in a dilapidated state and needed to be torn down so that new business could be built in their places. The demolition of each building took about two days and another three days to sort materials for recycling.